Monday, June 29, 2015

Sephora Haul, Review And Swatches! xx

Ramadan Mubarak Everyone!
I'm so sorry I haven't posted anything on my blog in a while. I have been crazy busy with exams and surgery wards. I only got ten days off after exams and all I've been doing is fasting , praying and sleeping.
I showed this haul picture on my instagram last month, so I decided it's important to show you guys all the swatches of the products I got. By the way, this haul was from the 20% off Sephora website offer for the VIP Rouge members.
I ordered a few things from Aisha Junaid of Mac Addict. I love her sooo much, she's the best person to order anything from.

Let's start with the haul pictures and swatches, shall we? :)


I ordered the following products:
Nars Dual Intensity Blush in Panic
Tarte Sculptor Stick for contouring in shade Park Ave Princess
Nars Audacious Lipstick in Natalie
Bareminerals Complexion Rescue Hydrating gel cream in the shade Vanilla


Nars Dual Intensity Blush comes in a usual Nars packaging material but the packaging is square in shape and more structured than the normal blush/bronzer packaging. I love Nars products, but I've never been happy with their packaging material because it catches dirt so easily and it's really hard to clean it and make it look jet black again.


I ordered this in the shade Panic because one, I love blushes and two, I hardly use highlighters anymore, I'm more of a blush person. And the colors in this were just perfect for me, I love pink and orange blushes. One side of the pan is Shocking Fuchsia, It looks really scary in the pan, but once applied it wasn't as pigmented as the Shimmering Orange Pink side. These are seriously pigmented blushes and they can also be used wet for more intensity.


Left is the Shocking Fuchsia side and Right is the Orange pink side of the blush. They are super pigmented and a little amount on the brush will go a long way. They are easy to blend and are build-able, I think using them dry is what everyone will prefer, because nobody wants too much blush going on their cheeks guys. These blushes are shimmery so they can easily emphasize the cheek pores, it is better to blend them really in with a beauty blender after applying them with a brush for flawless blush application.

Swatches on hand , Left is the Shimmery Orange pink side and Right is Shocking Fuchsia with shimmer

Tarte The Sculptor in Park Ave Princess



I saw Huda Beauty using this in one of her videos and she was raving about this product and how easy it is to use for contouring and is very build-able and easy to blend. I decided I should give this a try instead of getting the Clinique Chubby stick for contouring. It is the perfect contour shade for me, I don't like to contour much except when I'm going to shaadis, otherwise blush is all I need. This is super creamy and so easy to blend. I use my fingers to blend this on the hollows of my cheeks.
It looks great and if I want I add on a little bit of my Nars Laguna bronzer on top to set the cream stick. I highly recommend this for people who are looking for cream contour but don't want to invest in a solid big budget contour palette, and for starters in contouring like me this is a must have.


Nars Audacious Lipstick in Natalie is a beautiful medium coral pink shade. I saw its swatches on the Temptalia website and knew I had to have it in my life. Its my first Nars lipstick, I remember picking this up at the Hollywood and Highland Sephora outlet in LA and not getting it because I thought it was a bit drying, but then after searching for it online and reading reviews I decided I should give this Nars lipstick a try. I tired it for the first time this Friday, since I don't go out alot so whenever I get the chance to put makeup on I always try to use my new products. This lipstick isn't very pigmented, but it is build-able and looked so pretty once applied. I was completely wrong about this, it isn't drying at all, it is just the right amount of creamy even for my dry lips. The color pay off is amazing and it stayed on my lips for four five hours straight without moving. Love this!

BareMinerals Complexion Rescue in the shade Vanilla. I got this product because I wanted to know what the hype was all about, I've never been a fan of products with light coverage and spf, it just makes me think of every BB cream I've ever used and hated. But well, I thought maybe this product can change my opinion, and maybe it has coverage like most people have been raving about that it made their skin look amazing and its best everyday product in the market. No, I'm sorry this stuff didn't do anything, it has very little coverage, I don't know if its the shade or what, But I'm so disappointed, I tried to apply this with my hands and then also with my sigma f80, but still didn't like how it looked on my skin. It's maybe because I'm used to a little coverage and I'm not a bb cream or a tinted moisturizer fan. I like to apply my spf separately so even if this has spf 30 it is just pointless for me. Now, all I can use this for is as a base under my regular foundation.
Swatches are here:



Look, it just blended and disappeared. If you're looking for something sheer and very light coverage then its nice, but for me I prefer a little coverage so its a big thumbs down for me.

Hope you guys enjoyed this haul post, do comment and share your experiences with any of these products! xx

14 comments:

  1. Audacious Lipstick looks amazing! I second your thoughts on Bare Mineral Complexion Rescue, it's useless to go for something with absolutely no coverage.

    Momina Haseeb | ๑ Divine Smudge ๑

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect picks ,loving nars products do a in depth review of dual intesity blush as i'm in a hunt of one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow the Nars blush looks gorgeous. I mean look at the pigmentation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NARS lippie looks awesome! I hope your exams went well. :) x

    Jadirah Sarmad | Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nars blush is superb pigmented very nice haul.....
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow great haul. Those blushes and Nars lipstick is awesome. Love that shade.

    ReplyDelete
  7. those Nars beauties!
    Awesome haul too:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My oh My this is one Yummy haul .. mouth watering .. those blushes gt my attention def ;) thanks for the great post <3
    Makeupoholics

    ReplyDelete
  9. im falling for NARS lipstick lovely haul X.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome haul and the Nars lippie is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey! i have read few of your articles, indeed you write good on Fashion.
    Actually i am looking for writers.
    www.thenextrex.com has started a new project " www.fashionkibatain.com " and they are looking for writers to write on Fashion. Do let me know if you or any of your friend who writers as good as you is interested.

    Regards

    Email: ali.rao@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Want to follow each other via GFC, Google Plus, and Facebook??
    http://fashionwithfitness.blogspot.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/FashionWithFitness

    ReplyDelete
  13. Natalie is one beautiful color!! Great read! x

    Would love to have you follow me on www.gulezehrasblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete