Monday, April 13, 2015

Twelve New Lipsticks ( High End ) - Review and Swatches! xx

I have a lot of new lipsticks to talk about, so I decided to write about them all in one single post, that way its easier for you guys to decide on the shades you like just by comparing some side to side with other brands.
Lets start with some Mac lipsticks first then we can go on to some other high end ones I got this year.
Okay, so last year I was all about blushes and this year all of a sudden I decided I should jump into some great lip products and high end foundations. Its weird because I don't like my lips, I think they are too thin, so I don't like experimenting much with too many bright colors. I stick to my pinks, peaches and corals. And now, out of nowhere I see myself ordering red lipsticks -_- trust me I'm not a red lipstick girl at all and I have like four red lipsticks in my collection already.
Come back to some Mac lipsticks :D

                           Left to right: Mac Costa chic, Ravishing, Mac Red and Mac Angel
                   Left to Right: Mac Costa Chic, Ravishing, Mac Red and Mac Angle (Natural light)

Mac Costa Chic: It's a frost finish, but it doesn't look cheap like other frosty lipsticks. Its a shimmery Coral color, so beautiful. Its a perfect mix of orange and pink. It gives this beautiful finish which looks great with a peachy coral blush but you will need to be careful if your lips are dry and chappy. Please make sure your lips are scrubbed and moisturized before applying this. I feel all the frost finish lipsticks by mac have this problem.I really like its color pay off, you don't need to swipe it so many times to get the opaque color pay off.  I just love this color for spring!

Mac Ravishing: Its a Cremesheen finish, which means its moisturizing but for me these finishes by mac are not so good on the color pay off and longevity side. Its a beautiful peach color, no doubt, but it doesn't stay on for more than two hours on my lips. My favorite finishes are amplified and satin hands down. Get this shade if you still don't own a light peach color in your lipstick stash, its not the best of colors you'd want to have in your mac collection, but it is that everyday shade for me, for when I can't decide what to wear on my lips and I just put this on and I'm good to go :)

Mac Red: My first red lipstick. You guys must be thinking why I didn't go for Russian Red or Ruby Woo. I'll give you guys easy reasons. Russian Red was too deep for my taste, since I mentioned that I have thin lips so I'm always careful about my lipstick shades, and Ruby Woo ( I want to buy it now though) it is too drying, but a great shade. Lets say I have my eyes on ruby woo, but I'm happy with Mac Red ( It is almost the same shade as Ruby woo but in a Satin finish ) I love Satin finishes by Mac, they are super moisturizing and easy to apply. Its a beautiful pink toned red if that makes sense. I'm really bad with lipstick reviews, but hey I'm trying here :)

Mac Angel: its again a frost finish by Mac. Lets say Kim Kardashian made me do it. After reading about the secret behind her perfect nude pink lips is mac angel and nars turkish delight lip gloss, I decided I need to have both of these in my life. Its not a very good shade, I prefer Please Me as my favorite go to nude pink lip color. Angel shows a little pinky lilac on my lips, its probably my skin tone, it even looks pasty sometimes if I don't wear a lip gloss on top. This is absolutely waste of your money. Invest in Please me, now guys, really!

Left to Right: Mac Prabal Gurung LE (Carmine Rouge), YSL Rouge Volupte 13, Mac Snob, UD Revolutionary in Streak, Kiko lipstick in 902, Makeup Forever Lipstick Rouge Intense in 39
Left to Right: Mac Prabel Gurung LE (Carmine Rouge), YSL Rouge Volupt 13, Mac Snob, UD Revolutionary in Streak, Kiko lipstick in 902, MUFE Rouge Intense in 39

Mac Prabal Gurung LE ( Carmine Rouge): Its a limited edition by Mac. It is probably the most beautiful red I own. It appears matte on my lips unlike Mac Red which is glossier, and its true to its color in the tube. It appears medium red on my color, even if I swipe it once or more the color and intensity is the same. It is also a pink toned red in my opinion. I haven't worn this more than two hours, so I can't say much about its longevity, but its definitely a red which enhances your complexion and makes you look fresh.

YSL Rouge Volupte #13: Yes, I finally own Peach Passion :D I have been after this color for so long! I was so excited to find this at Sephora, because the mall I went to in Manhattan, they told me they don't stock a lot of ysl products and I was lucky to find something I wanted. Okay, so its the most beautiful peachy pink color I own. The only downfall is how creamy these lipsticks are. I'm a fan of creamy lipstick don't get me wrong, but this creamy is bad! Ysl needs to fix this issue. A lipstick should not slide from your lips to everywhere else around your mouth area. Its super pigmented, shows its true color as seen in the tube on my lips. I'm not so happy about its longevity though, since its really creamy it only lasts for two hours on my lips. It feels great on the lips, but you actually feel like you have something on, what I mean is that its application is not effortless. You'd be constantly checking yourself in the mirror for bleeds. But if you want a nice golden bullet for your dressing table then what better option than a ysl lippie :)

Mac Snob: My friend gifted me this. My first reaction was how pasty it'd look on our skin tone, and yes I was right. It does look pasty and you can look like Nicki Minaj if you don't do anything about it. Its a pretty light cool toned pink more towards lilac/purple kind of shade. The only best way to wear this is topping it off with a light pink lip gloss or mixing it up with a different light pink lipstick. I love mixing this with my Revlon lipbutter in Strawberry shortcake.Its a satin finish so its really easy to apply and the color pay off is really good, it goes on opaque completely. It reminds me of Mac Well dressed blush in a lipstick form.

Urban Decay Revolutionary lipstick in Streak: Its the prettiest light pink color lipstick I own. I got so many compliments on this lip color. Its probably my favorite lipstick purchase this year. Trust me, this year is going to be a little lipstick crazy. Its super pigmented, opaque when applied to the lips. Its so moisturising, and I love the shine it gives. Its a medium pink shade, that comes off true to its color in the tube, it doesnt lean towards other shades or tones which I love. This lipstick and a pink cream blush is all you need this summer.  I also want to grab a hot pink color in one of the UD lipsticks.

Kiko lipstick in 902: I got this randomly because there was a sale, if you buy a lipstick you get a lip liner and some makeup bags free. So I got this pretty really light pink color, it almost appears like gloss on my lips, its color pay off is really meh, but what I like to use it as is a mixing lipstick. You know when you don't want to apply a bold lip color , but you still want to wear it so you make it a little wearable by mixing it with a nude. Thats the purpose this lipstick serves in my collection, which I don't mind, we all need those kind of lipsticks. No makeup is useless, remember ;)

MUFE Rouge Intense 39: I wanted to grab somethings from MUFE, so I decided I'd get the HD foundation in a different shade and a lipstick. I'm always looking for peaches and pinks, these are the only colors I enjoy wearing. This is by far the prettiest peach lipstick I own, I mean it. Its super pigmented, opaque color pay off and its matte. Its more of an orangish peach which makes it more wearable for me because I love orange lipsticks. It goes on opaque, doesn't dry up my lips.

       Left to right: Kat Von D liquid lipstick in Jeffree and Nars satin lip pencil in Luxemburg

Kat Von D liquid lipstick in Jeffree: I have been searching for this color for so long! It is the perfect bright coral color. The moment I swatched it, I knew I wanted it in my life. These liquid lipsticks are literally so pigmented, and the staying power is so amazing. It stains yoir lips and its hard to take them off once you put it on. One swipe and you're good to go, it stays for almost 8-9 hours on me or even more if I try to wear makeup for that long. They can tend to feel weird on lips if you apply too much, but they're already so pigmented that you definitely don't need another swipe or reapplication. I need more of these!

Nars Satin lip pencil in Luxemburg: Yes, it happened with this one aswell, right after I swatched this I knew this will have a place in my vanity. It is a beautiful dark reddish tone fuschia. I'm really bad at describing colors, but as you can see in the swatch, it is not exactly a red, its more towards fuschia but red, if that makes sense. It applies so beautifully, and feels so comfortable on my lips, like I'm literally wearing nothing on my lips. I'm going to collect more of these aswell.

I'm literally hooked on the UD revolutionary lipsticks, kat von d liquid lipsticks and nars satin lip pencils. I don't know why I never tried them before.


Hope you guys enjoyed this lipstick post! Let me know if you girls have any questions in the comments below :)




9 comments:

  1. Wow... so scrumptious swatches. I don't know but they are reminding me slush :P They look so fruity and juicy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwh! For someone who closely followed how much you wanted the YSL one... this is certainly awesome! ^_^
    Costa Chic looks right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowz amazing collection. Am seriously drooling over all the shades. YSL Rouge Volupt 13 is beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning post. Ravishing looks a perfect shade for me but too bad about the poor lasting power. Can you please tell from where Kiko lipstick or cosmetics will be available?

    themeticulousperfections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These colours remind me of a berry parfait..... PERFECT for SS15 <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to get my hands on UD and Kat Von D ones soon! What a lovely lipstick post! :) x

    Jadirah Sarmad | Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
  7. The kat von D lipstick looks so pretty and i love how opaque it is!

    http://irenesarah.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such an amazing collection totally love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. woww love your awesome lipstick collection .. thanks for sharing <3
    Makeupoholics

    ReplyDelete