Thursday, February 20, 2014

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hr blush in Tipsy!

I'm extremely late at so many things on my blog! I'm so sorry, I have just been crazy busy with college and life in general. I really miss writing long story blog posts, so here is another one just for you girls.

Here is my first Tarte cosmetics purchase

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hr blush


So, the moment I saw this blush's swatch on Temptalia I knew I wanted this coral beauty in my blush collection. I'm a big fan of coral blushes, I think they look best on our skin tone. I was going through my blush collection this morning and realized how many peachy pink blushes I have and not many corals and pinks. I really should get my hands on a beautiful glowy pink blush soon, I want you guys to recommend me some in the comments, please.



Lets come back to Tipsy. It is the most beautiful matte coral blush ever! It is orange and pink, yes, you know what comes out then, a coral beauty like tipsy. This lies in the red family , between orange and pink, love this coral shade and it would look heaven when worn with a coral lipstick and daytime smokey eyes. This blush screams summer so badly, and with the spring time around, you guys should definitely check this one out. I think i will be wearing this everyday during summer.
It is very pigmented, so it is better to use a light hand. I haven't tried this blush on for more than 6 hours so I can't say if it stays on till 12 hrs, but I can guarantee you that it stayed on just as perfect as I applied it for six whole hours.
Its texture is so buttery and not at all chalky. Best for people who are afraid of shimmery blushes on their cheeks. I know how shimmer blushes can accentuate your pores.
I saw no fall outs in the pan or on the brush during application. It is value for the money. The packaging is so fixed and steady from the outside, although the inner pan is movable, I don't know if this happens with other company blushes, but I just found out while swatching it on my hands.

left side swatched, right side is blended


When I opened the packaging I knew I had something similar to this already in my collection and that was Accessorize bronzing block 3, which I got as a dupe for Benefit Coralista because well, previously I did not like spending a lot of money on high end makeup stuff. Now, I'm addicted. And trust me this is not healthy. I spend almost all my pocket money on makeup and handbags.
Should start earning soon!

top to botton: Accessorize bronzing block num 3, Tarte Amazonian in Tipsy, Mac Peachykeen and Milani Luminoso


So was the Accessorize bronzing block really similar to the Tarte Amazonian Blush in Tipsy? Yes, sort of if you don't look too closely. It is more towards pink than orangish coral, so I wouldn't say they are similar. Also the difference in texture says a lot about the quality of the product. I like my Accessorize blush, not saying its bad, but it is chalky, powdery and definitely hard to blend as compared to Tarte Amazonian Blush. The others which I tried to compare it to were Mac Peachykeen and Milani blush in Luminoso. Those weren't so similar at all. Mac peachykeen is darker and has more darker peachiness to it than coral. And Milani Luminoso on the other hand was more glowy, lighter and peachy and nothing close to being coral by any chance. Here are the images for you to decide for yourself.

blushes blended: top to botton, Accessorize bronzing block in num 3, Tarte Tipsy, Mac Peachykeen and Milani Luminoso


left to right: Accessorize bronzing block in no:3, Tarte amazonian clay blush in Tipsy, Mac Peachykeen and Milani Luminoso.


Tell me what are your favorite Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush shades? I would love to hear different brands recommendations for a glowy pink blush now:)
I don't really have a wishlist for anymore Tarte cosmetics products to share here, this blush was all I wanted from their line.
Hope you all liked this post! xx

9 comments:

  1. I still do not have any thing from tarte....but this looks gorgeouss

    ReplyDelete
  2. In love with the color already. Looks like a must have :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely color .Its the prettiest coral I have come across :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with Tarte blush that I own. It stays fresh the most out of all I have; compared to MAC and NARS both. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. very beautiful xoxo
    www.ilovly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.....pretty color....I am in love with it...xoxoxo....:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have the Accessorize bronzing block in shade 3 and after your comparison swatches im so glad I didnt order tipsy, even though i was seriously tempted. I ordered dollface instead! So your post was really helpful, thanks a lot :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful blush. I haven't had the chance yet but would love to grab a few.

    ReplyDelete