Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Body Shop All in One Face Base

Okay, so lets be honest, this is my fourth bodyshop all in one base. Yes, I love it that much.
I was searching for a good powder foundation to take with me on vacation last year and something which was easily available in Karachi. I searched this product online and read some amazing reviews and decided to give it a try.

What the Body Shop website say about this product:

A powder and foundation in one neat compact. Use dry for a light matte finish and wet for high coverage. Perfect for on-the-go touch ups.
Velvety feel
No added Fragrance
Includes sponge and mirror
Dermatologically tested


My experience:
When I first got this product, I did not like it at all.
Now, I tell you why: First, I was trying this as a setting powder. Yes, a lot of people apply this on top of their liquid foundation, it may work for some people, but, it just didn't work for me. My foundation got patchy, and the last thing you know, I had to go wash my face and reapply my base.
And then the second time when I applied it on its own, I liked it so much better, but it took time for me to blend it well with the sponge onto my face. If you're a brush person, you will have a hard time getting this product on and getting the flawless result. I prefer the sponge applicator it comes with in the packaging. It gives me the best result.
It is not a long wearing foundation, it gives me a decent four hour wear, and I'm okay with it because it is usually in my bag when I'm on the go. I like to reapply it every four hours. Also note, I have dry skin, so it may not be a good choice for oily skin because it doesn't have much wear time. I do not use it wet, but ,you can use it with a wet sponge or brush to get good coverage foundation result.


Now, how I like to wear it: I have extremely dry skin, so I always moisturize first. It is a powder foundation so it can get patchy on dry skin so make sure you use a good moisturizer.  I put my under eye concealer first and then like to put the Bodyshop All in One base all over my face using the sponge applicator it comes with.

Here is a picture of me wearing this foundation. Im in shade 03.

Whats on my lips: Mac lipstick in Impassioned.


Pros:
Gives excellent matte finish
Great for touch ups and 'no-makeup' makeup days
Good for Hot weather, doesn't melt down

Cons:

Expensive for a compact foundation
The compact lasts me maximum 2-3 months

Cost: Rs.2400

Where to find: Any Bodyshop outlet in Karachi. I got mine from Park Towers.
You can also find this at Naheed supermarket and Ebco.

I hope this was helpful! xx


3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Laila! ^_^ This really does help me a lot. I am going to check this one tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very well written review Leila but being an oily skinned person, I just have to skip it and look for a better alternative.

    Following your blog via GFC now. If you get sometime, please visit my blog and if you like it, please follow back! x

    Zubia | The Bedside Dreams Diary

    ReplyDelete