Sunday, November 17, 2013

Nars Orgasm Blush and DUPES!!

All hail the Queen Orgasm ( uhh nuh, I just wanted to write orgasm, but anyway ;) ) it is, however, the queen of all blushes. There is a reason why every girl either owns this blush or wants it so bad. It is a Cult Classic, and has won so many awards. And there is also a reason why it is named Orgasm, because, "I think", they meant that women have this color glow on their faces when they orgasm? makes sense now?
Honestly, when I used to see its swatches online, I did not like them and I would always tell myself, 'why? Why, oh , why is this blush so famous?' Well, there isn't a reason to everything, you know. What may work for others, may not work for you. I took so long to decide if I want this in my life. I was never into investing ( yes, you invest in makeup , you 'makeup lovers' ;) an amazing product is worth investing in ) a lot of money on high end makeup, i would always search for reasonable, easy on the pocket dupes, but come on, you've got to spend some to get the real deal,  eh? I like to do it very often though, i want something new everyday!

What Nars website say about this blush:

Peachy pink with golden shimmer
 "Best Blush for Fair skin and Fair to Medium skin"
InStyle "Best Beauty Buys"


My experience:

this is a beautiful  peachy pink blush with lots and lots of shimmer. I'm not a fan of too much shimmer, because I like using my highlighters for that. I love the texture of this, it is very soft and easy to apply. And you don't get a a lot on the brush in one swipe, so you can build it up depending on how you like it. But, I would suggest not to use heavy hand on this one because Nars blushes are already very pigmented, plus this one has gold specks of glitter in it. And ladies, more shimmer on your cheeks mean more prominent pores. So, yes, you will have to be careful with this.

I compare this more with the Etude blush in number 20. It is very similar in texture to the Nars blush, definitely a great dupe and an amazing affordable blush brand we have in Pakistan. I also have Sleek blush in Rose Gold, but I think Rose Gold is more peachy pink with more coral than pink to it, although it is also considered to be a great dupe.
Here are some comparison pictures for you



Left to Right: Etude blush in #20, Sleek Blush in Rose Gold, Nars blush in Orgasm

Left to Right: Nars Blush in Orgasm, Sleek Blush in Rose Gold, Etude blush #20

Where to find Nars blush: I got mine from +Just4Girls.pk 
Sleek Blush from: Beauty Unleashed 
Etude blush: Naheed Supermarket

Hope this was helpful girlies! xx



4 comments:

  1. FINALLY, great to come across a Pakistani blog sharing Orgasm's dupes! :) Btw, you do use Luminoso (as per my stalking info taken from PBBC shout-out), how does that compare to these? :)

    I'm also a blogging newbie and would appreciate the support :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy :D thank you so much!
    luminoso and orgasm are two completely different blushes, they are not even in the same family of color. Luminoso is peachy-apricot and gives a beautiful healthy glow to the face than any blush has the right to, but with no glitter. Orgasm is peachy-pink ( more towards pink than peach ) with lots of shimmer. I hope this helps! xx
    And I'm definitely following your blog <3

    ReplyDelete